Worm and Worm Motors vs Standard Motors
1. Reduction ratio. With a worm gear motor, the reduction ratio is quite large. This means that a tiny worm gear turn can take the leading equipment a considerable distance. This can allow the user to reduce speed and increase torque simultaneously. The welding gear motor’s reduction ratio is comparable to the several stages of reduction of ordinary gears.
2. reverse power. The advantage of a worm gear motor is its limitation of commutation power. Therefore, the gears always move in one direction. This simplifies the whole setup without the need for support. In a standard gear setup, reverse power requires a backstop, which requires more components in the machine.
Our Worm Gear Motors are have some great advantages:
Worm gear motors have many advantages over conventional motors. First, worm gears have a high self-locking ability due to their sliding action. The self-locking ability is proportional to the inclination angle and frictional force between the worm and the gear. Second, these gears are flexible, allowing flexible mounting options. Third, they have fewer moving parts, which means they require less repair and maintenance.
Worm gears usually use steel as the input gear and worm gears are usually bronze. Bronze is a softer metal than steel, which makes it very good at absorbing shock loads. Worm gears require a period of break-in, during which time the metal undergoes work hardening. This time helps to harden the surface of the worm gear due to friction under normal operating conditions. In contrast, hypoid gear sets require no break-in period, allowing them to start operating at peak efficiency from the moment they are installed.
Worm Gear Motors: features & benefits
Worm gear motors are suitable for many industrial applications:
Security Door Locks
Our services include:
● 24-hour breakdown service.
● Gearbox or parts repairs in our in-house and established machine shop.
● A team of professional inside sales engineers assists our customers with all transmission issues.
● A sustainable partnership with high-quality and cost-effective units for all applications.